- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
Accreditation Advisory Committee
Research and Accreditation Advisory Assistance, as needed, to advise on and assist in developing strategy and procedures for sustaining and strengthening oversight of Accreditation Advisory -accredited Certification Bodies.
What Specifically Does the Advisory Committee Do?
Advisory Committees, when convened, review current procedures on oversight and recommends best practices for Accreditation Advisory to exercise oversight of accredited certification bodies to ensure consistent, high quality audits by qualified auditors.
Who Takes Part in the Advisory Committees?
Such advisory committees, when convened, consist of technical experts, stakeholders and representatives of the bodies that own the Standards to which Accreditation Advisory provides accreditation services. Committee membership includes representatives from civil society and the business sectors and members participate on a volunteer basis.
NAAC ACCREDITATION RULES
The two primary eligibility criteria for institutions to apply for NAAC Accreditation are: The
Institution must have at least two batches of graduated students. The age of the Institution
must be 6 years or above
Mentioned below are the Process, Documents required and Eligibility Criteria to apply online for the NAAC Accreditation 2021. Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are
categorized into three types i.e. University, Autonomous College, and Affiliated/Constituent College for the Assessment and Accreditation (A&A).
The HEIs intending to apply online for the NAAC Accreditation must assess themselves
then submit the SSR (Self Study Report) and the IIQA (Institutional Information for
Quality Assessment) document to demonstrate their compliance with the criteria and
policies of the NAAC committee.
Naac is compulsory
NAAC accreditation is mandatory for all the higher learning institutes, particularly state universities.
Without NAAC accreditation, universities are not eligible for UGC grants, RUSA grants, financial aid etc
Highest weightage criteria
The largest criterion is the teaching learning process having 35% share. Focus is given to academics to
ensure good learning takes place
How to apply
- HEIs registration in the NAAC website
- Institutional Information for Quality Assessment (IIQA)
- SSR submission on acceptance of IIQA (On rejection, an institute has 2 attempts to
RESUME the IIA form within 1 year)
- Proceed to Data Validation & Verification (DVV) process and Pre-qualifier Score
- Preparation towards the Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS)
- Onsite Peer Visit by NAAC
- NAAC announces the Institutional Grading
NAAC – 2021
Mentioned below are the Process, Documents required and Eligibility Criteria to apply online for the NAAC Accreditation 2021. Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are categorized into three types i.e. University, Autonomous College, and Affiliated/Constituent College for the Assessment and Accreditation (A&A).
The HEIs intending to apply online for the NAAC Accreditation must assess themselves then submit the SSR (Self Study Report) and the IIQA (Institutional Information for Quality Assessment) document to demonstrate their compliance with the criteria and policies of the NAAC committee.
NAAC Accreditation Process
The Systematic process & steps to apply for the NAAC Accreditation are:
- It is mandatory and one of the criteria for the HEIs to upload the institution’s
details on AISHE (All India Survey on Higher Education) portal and have AISHE
Reference Code before applying for A&A
- Fill HEI Registration Form
- NAAC Verifies the Registration
- After validation, the Organisation sends Login Credentials to the HEI
- Access the Portal with Login Credentials to submit the required necessary
- Login to the portal, fill the IIQA (Institutional Information for Quality
- Pay the IIQA Fee Online
- Submit the necessary documents in the right format
- The Accreditation body validates the documents and passes the decision usually
within 15 days from the date of the registration
- Proceed to SSR Submission after approval
- In case of rejection, institutions have 2 attempts to resubmit the IIQA form and
the documents within 1 year
- Fill the SSR (Self Study Report) Form
- Pay the SSR Instalment Fee Online
- Upload the data files (Min. 50% of Student data) and documents in the prescribed
- Submit the form
- The Organisation verifies the SSS (Student Satisfaction Survey) Process, DAV
Process, and Inflibnet Bibliometric Data
The NAAC looks into SSR QnM for Pre-Qualification Evaluation
PTV Management Process:
- As a part of the PTV Management Process, the committee declares the date of the visit along with the teams to visit the institution within three weeks of receiving the SSR
NAAC Eligibility Criteria for Autonomous colleges and Constituent Colleges /
The eligibility criteria for the Constituent/ Affiliated institutions and Autonomous Colleges are
- The college must be affiliated to a University recognized by the UGC
Note: Constituent colleges of a Private and Deemed-to-be Universities are considered as the
constituent units of the University and thus will not be considered for the NAAC A&A.
- The programmes offered at the college must be recognized by Statutory Professional
Regulatory Councils and by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU)
NAAC Criteria wise Weightage
All three types of institutions are graded and ranked using 7 Criteria and 34 Key Indicators (KIs).
Each KI has a certain value and weightage and is different for the different types. Institutions
seeking the Accreditation need to attain that value number to get certified and ranked. The
NAAC is emphasizing on ERP Software as one of the Criteria.
|No Of CRITERIA||CRITERIA||Required KI for University||Required KI for |
|Required KI for|
|Criteria 1||Curricular Aspects||150||150||100|
|Criteria 2||Teaching-learning &|
|Criteria 3||Research, Innovations & Extension||250||150||120|
|Criteria 4||Infrastructure & Learning Resources||100||100||100|
|Criteria 5||Student Support & Progression||100||100||130|
|Criteria 6||Governance, Leadership &|
|Criteria 7||Institutional Values &|
automate their Student admission, Registration, Administration, Examination, Finance,
Accounts, Payment procedures.
Documents required for NAAC Accreditation
The list of documents required and the files to be prepared before applying for the NAAC Accreditation must be in the right PDF format.
Key Documents Required for Colleges
- Latest affiliation letter(s) for the current academic year along with the copy of the
application and fee details.
- Current academic year recognition/approval letter from Statutory Regulatory Authority
(SRA) bodies such as AICTE, MCI, BCI, PCI, etc.
- UGC 2f and 12(B) recognition certificate along with the latest Plan/ General
Development Grant release letter from the UGC
Key Documents for Autonomous Colleges
- Letter from UGC conferring Autonomous Status
- latest AISHE certificate or provide the relevant message indicating the DCF number as a proof from All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) portal
- HEIs covered by any SRA/ UGC must submit the approvals from the respective SRA/UGC indicating the change
- Self-declaration with respect to Affiliation status in the format provided by NAAC
Key Documents Required for University
- Approval of UGC/MHRD/State government certifying the establishment of the University
- Current academic year recognition/ approval letter from Statutory Regulatory Authority (SRA)like AICTE, MCI, BCI, PCI
- UGC 2f and 12(B) recognition certificate